How to Contact the Hotline
- Phone: 1-888-228-7707
- Web: https://www.reportlineweb.com/Welcome.aspx?Client=utdallas
Other Ways to Report Fraud
Texas State Auditor’s Office
- The Texas State Auditor᾿s Office Hotline
Want a Hotline poster for your office?
Please contact us by phone at 972-883-2233 or by email at email@example.com.
The hotline provides a confidential and assured non-retaliation way for the campus community to report instances of suspected non-compliance or unethical behavior outside the normal chain of command. This may include financial matters such as fraud, theft of University assets, or conflicts of interest; and other misconduct or violations of UT Dallas or UT System policy. Normal administrative methods, such as talking to your supervisor, are still important first-line approaches for reporting questionable activities. However, the hotline is available whenever conventional channels are unknown or unacceptable, or an employee wishes to remain anonymous.
You are Protected from Retaliation
Retaliation against an employee who has called the hotline is strictly prohibited. After placing a hotline call, if you believe you are being retaliated against, you should pursue the appropriate administrative grievance procedure for classified employees or students. Accusations of retaliation will be taken very seriously and agitators will face disciplinary action. This policy is managed by Human Resources. You are protected if you report noncompliance.
- UT Dallas Protection from Retaliation Policy
- UT System Protection from Retaliation Policy
- Texas Whistleblower Act
Not for Complaints
The hotline is not a complaint line. Only matters involving non-compliance, unethical or fraudulent behavior will be investigated. Individuals who file grievances will be advised to pursue the normal administrative channels.
You Can Report Anonymously
UT Dallas contracts with an outside service provider, The Network, to receive hotline calls and reports. If you ask to remain anonymous, no attempt will be made to identify you. The information you provide will be treated as confidential and privileged to the extent permitted by law.
What Happens After you Submit a Report
- The outside contractor (The Network) sends your report to the UT Dallas Compliance Hotline Triage Team:
- Compliance (hotline administrator)
- Academic Affairs & Provost
- Internal Audit
- Employee Relations
- University Attorney
- Student Affairs
- The Triage Team will evaluate your report and determine the most appropriate means for handling the issue.
- The Triage Team contacts The Network within two weeks of the report date to notify you (using the reference number provided when the report was submitted) that they have received your report and may ask for more information (if needed).
UT Dallas is committed to promptly investigating all reports of unethical or inappropriate activities. When an issue is reported to the hotline, the specific action taken will depend on the nature and severity of the violation. You can be assured that compliance and fraud related reports will be investigated; however, in order to maintain confidentiality and anonymity of all parties involved you may not be aware that an investigation has taken place.