|Supply Chain Management|
|Partially Observed Inventory Models|
|Hierarchical Decisions in Dynamic Stochastic Manufacturing Systems|
|Dynamic and Stochastic Advertising Models|
|Optimal Pricing, Development and Maintenance of Software|
|Decision, Forecast, and Rolling Horizons in Dynamic Optimization Problems|
|Scheduling and Sequencing of Robotic Cells|
|Genuine Savings and Value of Population|
Back to main page
Sethi, S.P. and Thompson, G.L., Optimal Control Theory: Applications to Management Science, Martinus Nijhoff, Boston, 1981 (481 pages); reviewed by D. Luenberger in Interfaces, June 1982; R. Neck in European J. of Operational Research, Sept. 1982, W. Davis in J.A.S.A., Sept.1984; R. Vickson in INFOR, May 1985, and others.
Sethi, S.P. and Zhang, Q., Hierarchical Decision Making in Stochastic Manufacturing Systems, in series Systems and Control: Foundations and Applications, Birkhäuser Boston, Cambridge, MA, 1994 (419 pages - ISBN 0-8176-3735-4); reviews in Mathematical Reviews, 1995; Short Book Reviews, Aug. 1995; Control Engineering Practice, Aug. 1995; J. of Economic Literature, Sept. 1995; Computing Reviews, Nov. 1995; Discrete Event Dynamic Systems, July 1996; Interfaces, July-Aug. 1996; Optimization, 1996; IEEE-AC, June 1997, J. of Economic Dynamics & Control, Vol. 21, 1997, and others.
Sethi, S.P., Optimal Consumption and Investment with Bankruptcy, (with a Foreword by Harry M. Markowitz, 1990 Nobel Laureate in Economics) Kluwer Academic Publishers, Norwell, MA, 1997. (428 pages - ISBN 0-7923-9755-X)
Sethi, S.P. and Thompson, G.L., Optimal Control Theory: Applications to Management Science and Economics, Second Edition, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Boston, 2000 (505 pages - 0-7923-8608-6); reviewed by C. Gaimon in Interfaces, November-December 2002.
Sethi, S.P., Zhang, H., and Zhang, Q., Average-Cost Control of Stochastic Manufacturing Systems, in series Stochastic Modelling and Applied Probability, Springer, New York, NY, 2005. (325 pages - ISBN 0-387-21947-1)
Sethi, S.P., Yan, H., and Zhang, H., Inventory and Supply Chain Management with Forecast Updates, in series International Series in Operations Research & Management Science, Springer, NY, NY, 2005.(310 pages – ISBN 1-4020-8123-5)
Dawande, M.W., Geismar, H.N., Sethi, S.P., and Sriskandarajah, C., Throughput Optimization in Robotic Cells, in series: International Series in Operations Research & Management Science, Springer, New York, NY, 2007 (430 pages – ISBN 978-0-387-70987-1); reviewed by B. Lev in Interfaces, January-February 2009.
Beyer, D., Cheng, F., Sethi, S.P., and Taksar, M.I., Markovian Demand Inventory Models, in series: International Series in Operations Research and Management Science, Springer, New York, NY, 2010. (253 pages – ISBN 978-0-387-71603-9)
Sethi, S.P., Bogataj, M., and Ros-McDonnell, L., Industrial Engineering: Innovative Networks, 5th International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Industrial Management "CIO 2011", Cartagena, Spain, September 2011, Proceedings, Springer, New York, NY, 2012. (396 pages – ISBN 978-1-4471-2320-0)
Sethi, S.P., Optimal Control Theory: Applications to Management Science and Economics, Third Edition, Springer Nature Switzerland AG, 2019. (565 pages – ISBN 978-3-319-98236-6)
Back to main page
|Finance and Economics|
|Optimization Theory and Miscellaneous Applications|
Other Publications (download Resume for a complete listing)
Back to main page
1. Kubiak, W., Feng, Y., Li, G., Sethi, S.P., and Srikandarajah, C., "Efficient Algorithms for Flexible Job Shop Scheduling with Parallel Machines," Naval Research Logistics.
2. Li, G., and Sethi, S.P., "Guarding Against Disruption Risk by Contracting under Information Asymmetry," Decision Sciences.
3. Shan, X., Sethi, S.P., Li, T., and Zhang, J.,"A Responsive-Pricing Retailer Sourcing from Competing Suppliers Facing Disruptions," Manufacturing and Service Operations Management.
4. Li, G., and Sethi, S.P., "Advance Booking Discount Program: Competition, Information Transparency, and Spot Market," European Journal of Operations Research.
5. Li, G., and Sethi, S.P., "Contracting Green Product Supply Chains Considering Marketing Efforts in the Circular Economy Era," International Journal of Production Economics.
Back to main page
1. Ang, M., Sethi, S.P., Yan, H., and Zhang, H., "Stationary and Myopic Policies for Multiple Procurement Modes."
2. Bensoussan, A. and Sethi, S.P., "Notes on Optimal Economic Growth with Controlled Population."
3. Bensoussan, A., Çakanyildirim, M., Hoe, C., Sethi, S.P., "Assessing Loss from Parsimony."
4. Bensoussan, A., Çakanyildirim, M., Feng, Q., and Sethi, S.P., "Optimal Ordering Policy and Value of Information under Partially Observed Lost Sales."
5. Bensoussan, A., Wang, S., and Sethi, S.P., "A Stationary Infinite-Horizon Supply Contract under Asymmetric Inventory Information."
6. Feng, Q. and Sethi, S.P., "Some Optimal Control Problems with State Constraints.
7. Ji, X., Ru, J., and Sethi, S.P., "Discrete Time Stackelberg Games Involving Sethi Advertising Model."
8. Jiang, J., Prasad, A., and Sethi, S.P., “Sequential Decisions on Co-op Advertising in a Dynamic Distribution Channel.”
9. Li, T. and Sethi, S.P., "5 Steps to Supply Chain Coordination."
10. Sethi, S.P., "Notes on a Continuous Time Inventory Model with Markov Modulated Demand and Average Cost."
11. Sethi, S.P. and Soner, M., "Optimal Dividend Debt and Equity Policy."
12. Sethi, S.P. and Soner, M., "Investment Consumption Problem with Bankruptcy Constraint."
13. Sethi, S.P., "The Consumption-Investment Problem: A Personal Journey."
14. Bensoussan, A., Cakanyildirim, M., Hoe, C., Li, M., and Sethi, S.P., "Mean and Mean-Variance Based Policies for an Inventory Model with Incomplete Information."
15. Bardhan, I., Jingyun, L., Sethi, S.P., and Ring, "A Predictive Model of Readmission Risk Factors of CABG Surgery."
16. Luo, S., Sethi, S.P., Shen, H., and Zhang, J., "A Flexible Market Response Model with Price-Dependent Heteroscedasticity."
17. Li, G., Ma, S., Gan, X., and Sethi, S.P., "A supply chain with a loss-averse supplier managing the inventory: Sales promotion, replenishment option, and coordinating contracts."
18. Li, G., Ma, S., and Sethi, S.P., "Competing Firms' Advance Booking Discount Program with the Presence of Spot Market."
19. Li, G., and Sethi, S.P., "Interplay between Electricity Provision and Regulation Policies: A Social Welfare Perspective."
20. Li, G., Qi, A., Sethi, S.P., and Guan, X., "Information transparency in the assembly system under pull and push contracts."
21. Li, G., Xiao, S., and Sethi, S.P., "The optimal trade credit contract and channel coordination when bankruptcy costs exist."
22. Li, G., Ji, X., and Sethi, S.P., "The interplay between multichannel strategies and product return policies in a distribution channel."
23. Li, G., Ji, X., and Sethi, S.P., "A strategic analysis of competitive product return and remanufacturing."
24. Li, G., and Sethi, S.P., "Pricing and return policy for dual-channel supply chains under various contracts."
25. Li, G., and Sethi, S.P., "Capacity restoration under various contracts with supply disruption risks."
26. Huang, Z., and Sethi, S.P., "Analysis of Reverse Channels in a Stochastic Closed-loop Supply Chain."
27. He, Y., Pan, Y., Ng, C.T., Cheng, T.C.E., and Sethi, S.P., "Medical Supply Allocation during Epidemic Outbreaks: A Stochastic Dynamic Programming Approach."
28. Cai, Y., Choi, T., Sethi, S.P., and Shi, X., "Big Data in Newsvendor Supply Chains: Applications of Block chain Technologies."
29. Kennedy, A.P., Sethi, S.P., Siu, C.C., and Yam, S.C.P., "Co-op advertising, pricing and logistics in a dynamic three-echelon supply chain."
30. Bensoussan, A., Helal, M.A., Ramakrishna, V., and Sethi, S.P., "Optimal Policies for Inventory Systems with Concave Piecewise Linear Ordering Costs."
31. Bensoussan, A., Sethi, S.P., Thiam, A., and Turi, J., "Inventory Control Driven by Demand Data: Optimality and Computation of Base Stocks."
32. Shi, L., Cakanyildirim, M., and Sethi, S.P., "The Optimal Structure of Two Subsidies in Promoting Electric Vehicles with the Impact of Charging Inconvenience."
33. Gan, X., and Sethi, S.P., "Simultaneous Optimization of Contingent and Advance Purchase Orders over an Infinite Horizon."
34. Yang, Y., Zeng, D., Jansen, B., and Sethi, S.P., "The Branding Effect of Sponsored Search Advertising: Value-per click vs. Value-per-impression."
35. Li, G., Sethi, S.P., Zheng, H., Li, Y., and Guan, X., "Downstream Information Sharing and Selling Channel Selection under the Platform Economy."
36. Kennedy, A.P., Prasad, A., Sethi, S.P., Siu, C.C., and Yam, S.C.P., "Optimal Advertising in a New-Product Adoption Model with Innovation."
37. Tang, Y., Sethi, S.P., and Wang, Y., "Encroachment Channel Selection When Retailer Has Private Information: Role of Quantity Leadership."
38. Li, X., Koster, R., Zuidwijk, R., and Sethi, S.P., "Capacity Deployment for Next-Generation Products in a Competitive Market."
Back to main page
Last updated: 02/10/2020